Welcome to Table Tennis Club (TTV) Amstelveen!
Table tennis is a fun and accessible sport for everyone. It keeps you fit, your reflexes sharp, it’s great fun and all you need is a table tennis bat and indoor sport shoes.
Anyone can become a member of our club because table tennis is for all ages and all levels of play. TTV Amstelveen has members from the age of 8 and has a number of members who have reached the respectable age of 80+. Due to the international character of Amstelveen, our club is also very diverse with members from Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Russian, Swedish and Greek backgrounds, among others.
TTV Amstelveen was founded in 1947 and is a member of the Dutch Table Tennis Association (NTTB). Our club has about 125 members, including about 30 junior members, 80 senior members and a 55+ group of approximately 15 players. TTV Amstelveen also takes part in the NTTB league competition. At the moment we have about 12 teams (3-5 players each) participating in the various youth and senior leagues.
What is our goal?
Our main goal is to have our members enjoy playing table tennis!
Due to the combination of speed, movement, effect and tactics, table tennis is a complex sport and is also described as ‘Chess with a ball’. If you start playing table tennis and would like to improve your level of play, we would like to advise you to participate in the training(s) offered.
We have several experienced trainers who provide these courses for youth and senior members. Throughout the year we offer a wide range of playing opportunities for free play, training and competition matches. Have a look at the extensive OPPORTUNITIES FOR TRAINING AND FREE PLAY.
We have a pleasant canteen from where you can watch the matches or training sessions and of course meet other members. Drinks and snacks are available at affordable prices.
We are a club so besides all regular playing activities we also organise a number of internal tournaments as well as a New Year reception and our annual barbecue. As a club we also participate in external tournaments.
Are you interested?
We warmly invite you to visit us to taste the atmosphere and, most importantly, to play table tennis. You can come and play three times for free to see if table tennis and our club suit you!
You can find a lot of information on our website, but if you have any questions please do not hesitate to CONTACT US.
TTV Amstelveen is registered at the Chamber of Commerce. The club has been recognised by Royal Decree of 1 July 1972. Besides STATUTES our association also has INTERNAL REGULATIONS. These Internal Regulations contain the CLUB RULES that all members must adhere to. Changes to the Statutes and Internal Regulations must be approved by the Annual General Members Meeting. Members can submit requests for changes to the board.
Below we list some important club rules:
Within all areas of our club building (hall, canteen, gym, changing rooms, etc.) smoking is prohibited. Smoking must take place outside the building.
Rules of conduct
- Physical threats, name-calling, swearing, discrimination, aggressive behaviour, destruction of club material will all NOT be tolerated at our club! Address each other if events threaten to derail. Report any undesirable behaviour to the BOARD and/or Trusted Councelor. Misconduct and official complaints (NTTB association, club, player) will be dealt with by the Board. Suspension, exclusion from competition, denial of access to the club and expulsion can be the result. The player in question will be held responsible for any damage caused, both physically and financially.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
Below are the opening hours for the summer of 2021 (Monday 12 July to Sunday 29 August)
For the time being, the following additional rules apply due to the corona measures:
- During training hours and free play a maximum of 5 tables will be set up.
- Playing is only possible during the hours for which you are registered.
- 5 minutes before the end of the playing hour the tables will be cleaned.
The complete corona protocol can be found here .
General rules for the opening of the hall:
- Training and free play. The club will be open 10 minutes before kick-off.
20.00 – 21.00 Free play all seniors group 1
21.00 – 22.00 Free play all seniors group 2
18.00 – 19.00 Training senior teams 1,2,3, trainers and invited players
19.00 – 20.00 Free play for all senior teams group 1
20.00 – 21.00 Free play all seniors group 2
21.00 – 22.00 Free play for senior group 3.
20.00 – 21.00 Training seniors teams other league teams
21.00 – 22.00 Free play for senior competition players.
20.00 – 21.00 Training senior recreational group 1
21.00 – 22.00 Training senior recreational group 2
10:00 – 11:45 Free play 55+ group (not on August 27)
11:00 – 12:30 Free play 55+ group (from August 27 onwards)
Membership fee information
- The season runs from 1 September to 31 August.
- Member after 1 September? In that case, the contribution will be reduced proportionally.
- A temporary membership for 3 months is a one-off possibility (costs are € 60.-).
- For junior members a training fee is included in the membership fee.
- For the senior competition players a contribution for paid bar service may be applicable.
- For payments made before 1 October, a payment discount of € 20.- applies.
- For every 2nd member or more per family a family discount of € 25.- per person is applicable.
- Payment of the membership fee is by bank transfer to our club’s bank account. You will receive a payment request from our TREASURER.
- Holders of an Amstelveen pass are eligible for a contribution to the membership fee costs via the Amstelveen Municipality. You need to apply for this contribution to the municipality yourself.
|Contribution season 2021-2022||Seniors >=18jr||Juniors <18jr|
|Club Contribution||€ 145.-||€ 185.-|
|Base contribution (NTTB)||€ 20.-||€ 20.-|
|Total base member||€ 165.-||€ 205.-|
|Contribution league competition (NTTB)||€ 54.-||€ 35.-|
|Total competition member||€ 219.-||€ 240.-|
If you are 55 years or older you can play recreational table tennis every Friday morning.
The costs for this are (no discounts apply) either:
- € 3.50 per session (without membership).
- € 90.- for a full season for players who only play on Friday mornings.
- € 35.- additionally for members who already have a regular membership at the club.
- TTV Amstelveen is a member of the Dutch Table Tennis Association (NTTB).
- All members are automatically members of the NTTB and pay the basic association fee.
- Members who participate in the NTTB competition have to pay the competition fee.
- The membership fee is yearly adjusted to the NTTB rates.
Cancellation of the membership has to be done 2 months before the end of the season at the latest (i.e. no later than 30 June).
Cancellation of membership must be sent by email to the MEMBER ADMINISTRATION .
No refunds will be made for early termination.